Collection of Information
There are cases where Absolutely Belle may ask you for personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, payment information, etc. We may do this for instance when you make a purchase through the online store, respond to communications such as email, or for services that require registration such as to be included on our mailing list. However, if you would like to be on our mailing list, we will ask you to opt-in. We might also collect personal information from you about a third party, for instance if you ask us to ship product to a third party we may ask for the name, e-mail address, address, phone number, etc. of the recipient. That information will only be used for the specific purpose for which the information was provided and Absolutely Belle will not further contact the third party unless the third party contacts us.
We may use “cookies” to gather information about your visits to our website and to enhance your experience. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive and used by our website to enhance your shopping experience by speeding up the browsing experience and website performance. Cookies also are used to personalize your experience while using our website and remembering your information when you return to our website. You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them. You also can have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options you have to adjust your browser settings (e.g. Internet Explorer; Firefox; Chrome; etc.). Please note that when you have set your computer to reject cookies, it can limit the functionality of the website you visit and it’s possible that you do not have access to some of the features on the website.
We may collect “click stream” data (e.g. server address, domain name, etc.) and demographic or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to better understand our audience. This information may be combined with information you have provided to us thereby enabling us to enhance your experience.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Security of Information
The security of the information you provide to us is protected by various security measures we have implemented. Your personal information is maintained through secure networks and is only accessible by a limited number of people who have special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential. Notwithstanding Absolutely Belle’s efforts, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure and such transmission is at your own risk.
Links to Third Parties
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
To make such a request, please write us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify that you want a “GDPR Data Protection Notice.” Please allow up to 30 days for a response.
CCPA Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
To make such a request, please write us an email to email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Consumer Privacy Act Notice.” Please allow up to 30 days for a response.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Absolutely Belle does not knowingly collect any personal identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Limitation on Liability
In no event shall Absolutely Belle, any of Absolutely Belle’s affiliates, or any of their owners, officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence or any other theory, arising from or in connection with your use or inability to use this website.